Greetings, Friends - please read the following and respond if you can help ~

----- Original Message -----
From: NAPH<mailto:n...@mailplus.wisc.edu>
To: naph...@lists.wisc.edu<mailto:naph...@lists.wisc.edu>
Cc: jbvin...@umich.edu<mailto:jbvin...@umich.edu>
Sent: 10/6/2013 2:01:17 PM
Subject: NAPHNET: Hebrew instruction in braille

Dear NAPH members:

My name is Jane Vincent, and I'm currently working with a blind student at the
University of Michigan who is very eager to learn Hebrew. I've been in touch
with a number of resources, including the Jewish Braille Institute and the
Society of Blind and Dyslexic Students in Israel, but we are still having
difficulty producing the materials he needs in a usable format without retyping
by hand. Brailling transliterated works seems promising, but many of the
original books that we are working from do not include vowels, making useful
transliteration very complicated.
Would you happen to know of any members who are experienced with braille
production, or who perhaps might have some of the books he needs in a braille
format?

Many thanks,
Jane Vincent

Jane Berliss-Vincent, A.M.L.S. '86
Assistive Technology Lead, University of Michigan
jbvin...@umich.edu<mailto:jbvin...@umich.edu>
Office (with voicemail): 734-936-3794
Knox Center direct line: 734-647-6437
Twitter: @ITS_umich #KnoxCenterUM