Would both of you be willing to be part of a panel on Common Core at the AJL
conference in Las Vegas 2014?
Suzi Dubin
Conference Chair

From: Robin Gluck
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 9:18 AM
To: BPastcan
Cc: hasaf...@lists.osu.edu
Subject: Re: [ha-Safran] Common Core Questions for Jewish Day SchoolLibrarians

Hi Ben,

1. We are using the Common Core Standards and NETS-S at the Oakland Hebrew Day
School library. The standards for research, reading, and research and opinion
writing inform the library curriculum.

2.  I think the standards are an excellent tool for developing integrated
lessons with content area teachers in general and Judaic studies.  The lessons
I do that address standards these teachers are trying to meet helps them, and
the collaboration with these teachers benefits the library.

Hope that helps.

Robin Gluck
Librarian
Oakland Hebrew Day School