I'm stunned by the notion that Rachel's committee would object to having this
non-Jewish (and worthy) author speak. Yes, we need to support our local Jewish
authors. In fact, my library committee is sponsoring its second Author Panel
wherein local Jewish authors who write on mostly secular topics discuss their
work. However, a library represents first and foremost the literature, not the
author. Let's look at it from a different perspective. I am a Jewish author,
and I am currently invited to speak at two Catholic schools. They apparently
don't feel they need to support only Catholic writers. So, I say invite Grace
Tiffany and promote it robustly! L OIS RUBY www.loisruby.com Author of ...
Steal Away Home The Secret of Laurel Oaks Strike! Mother Jones and the Colorado
Coal Field War Rebel Spirits (now in Scholastic Bookfairs!) FOLLOW ME ON
TWITTER @ LoisRubyWriter ----- Original Message -----