Dear Pearl,

*Mazel-tov* on your retirement and *yasher-koaḥ* for an incomparably great
career in Judaica librarianship!  YU and AJL will miss you in your
leadership positions, but we will all look forward to seeing, and working
with, you at future AJL Conferences and wherever and whenever we have the
fortune to see you.  The institution, our association, and the profession
have all benefited greatly from your wonderful contributions, your
knowledge, and your wisdom.  For me personally, it was a true honor and
privilege to begin my twelve years of service on AJL Council under your
presidency and guidance.

Warmest congratulations and appreciation,
Elliot

Elliot H. Gertel
Irving M. Hermelin Curator of Judaica
Curator (Interim), Jewish Heritage Collection
The University of Michigan
Area Programs
111-C Hatcher Graduate Library North
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1190