From: Noreen Wachs [mailto:nor...@ramaz.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 11:23 AM
To: hasaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
Subject: [ha-Safran] Books are not dead!

In answer to Heidi's post of Paul Shaviv's article, School Libraries are still
interested in books. While I have both print books and eBooks in my library, my
students prefer to read from a regular book. My circulation figures prove that
fact. Also, I need reference books that are on a Middle School level. When
Lower and Middle School students search for information on the web, they find
articles on an adult reading level, while I have many reference books
specifically aimed at their age group. Yes, we are reading more on our phones
and devices but the book is far from dead. School libraries need to stock both.
Noreen Wachs
Librarian
Ramaz Middle School

Noreen Wachs