Dear colleagues:

It just came to my attention that an important email that was sent to me in
June 2016 by the Director General of Berlin State Library, Frau Barbara
Schneider-Kempf, never came into my inbox or even junk box.

I just learned of Frau Director General Barbara Schneider-Kempf's desire
(expressed in June 2016) to present at our conference in Charleston about an
amazing collection of brochures produced by Jewish survivors in the Displaced
Persons Camps.

As you can imagine we are delighted.  I am humbled that Frau Schneider-Kempf
answered my request by herself (not through her secretary) and stressed that
the honor was hers.

Please come to learn about this incredible collection and to meet (for the
first time or again) Frau Schneider-Kempf who spent the whole 2009 conference
with us, attending as many sessions as she could.

We are looking forward to an incredibly rich learning and networking experience
for all of us.

With my warmest regards,
Shoshanah

Shoshanah Seidman
Faculty Liaison, Program for Jewish Studies,
Northwestern University Library
Annual Conference co-Chair, Association of Jewish Libraries
847-467-2914

Here come your last year's initial and our answering mails:

Dear Mrs. Seidman,

Thank you ever so much for your kind invitation which I will accept with great
pleasure and therefore quickly answer myself! The honor is on my side, and I
will be very happy to speak about all the efforts we take to enlarge and
preserve our collections of Jewish Heritage. There is still enough time to fix
a subject I could than speak about, e.g. our very special collection of rare
and precious books and brochures once produced by Jewish who had survived the
Second World War and were lucky to be sheltered in the Displaced Persons Camps
throughout Germany in the years 1945 till 1950. This is a first rough idea -
but for the moment, please, take down that I will be very proud to be your
guest again!

With best regards,

Barbara Schneider-Kempf
Generaldirektorin | Director General

Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz Generaldirektorin Barbara
Schneider-Kempf Potsdamer Straße 33
10785 Berlin

Telefon +49 30  266 431300
barbara.schneider-ke...@sbb.spk-berlin.de