Shalom to all our dear customers and acquaintances,
We are pleased to announce *Auction no. **8* *of the Jerusalem of Gold
Auction House, *which will be dedicated to manuscripts, letters and the
books: a wonderful catalog for lovers of the Hebrew book and writing!

The auction will be held on two days:

*First Part:  **On *Wednesday,* 6.7.16 at 18:00 Israel time*
Judaica, Rare Religious Books, Religious Books with Glosses, Siddurim,
Machzorim, Haggadot, Books Printed in Zhitomir and Slavita.
*Second Part: **On *Thursday,* 7.7.16 at 18:00 Israel time *
Letters by Rabbis, Manuscripts, Kabbala Books, Hassidic Books, Letters by
Rebbes

The auctions will be held in our offices at 2 Rabbi Maimon Street,
Jerusalem, in the building of "Rabbi Kook Institution", third floor (there
is an elevator). The entrance is through the central gate of Rabbi Kook
Institution (under the Chords Bridge, near the Central Bus station).

* Click here for reviewing catalog no. 8 and for early bids
* Click here for reviewing the catalog in PDF format.

*The books in the catalog before us were part of important collections that
belonged to notable collectors. We received these amazing collections at
extremely low opening prices! This is a golden opportunity for all
book-lovers to enrich their collection with valuable items and important
documents and archives at unprecedented prices.*

*Following are several items from the catalog for example:*
·       Tzofnat Pa'aneach. Brody, 1875. Handwritten Novellae Spoken by the
Rebbe of Ciechanów at Se'udah Shlishit. This novellae has never been
published.

·       Mishne Torah Le'Ha'Rambam, Berdychiv, 1808. Handwritten Glosses by
the Raszyn and Slonim Hassidim of Tiberius, who were known for their
piousness and holiness.

·       Shiv'im Tikunei Ha'Zohar with the Chemdat Zvi commentary,
Amsterdam, 1706*. *With Sha'ar Shabtai [!].The book spurred a widespread
religious polemic, among others due to a disagreement regarding the
precision of the composition "Shiv'im Tikunei Ha'Zohar", so much so that
Rabbi Naftali Katz, the author of "Smichat Chachamim", who had approbated
the book, regretted having approbated the book.

·       Machzor for Rosh Ha'Shana, according to the tradition of Poland.
1825. The Shapira Brothers Printing Press in Slavita. Large format – most
likely for prayer leaders. Approbations by the most prominent rabbis which
were added to this special edition. Extremely rare! Does not appear in the
National Library. Has never been seen in auctions.

·       Pesachim Tractate, Warsaw, 1860. Novellae on the Talmud in the
Handwriting of Rabbi Chaim Yehuda Leib Tiktinsky of Mir, who was known for
his amazing knowledge of the Talmud. Rabbi Yisrael of Salant used to say of
him: "He who wants to understand a page of the Talmud properly, should go
to Rabbi Chaim Leib!"

·       Mishkan Bezalel Responsa. Warsaw, 1872. The Copy of Rabbi Yosef
Chaim Sonnenfeld – Rare!

·       The first edition of "Siftei Yeshenim". Amsterdam, 1680. The First
Hebrew Bibliographic Composition with the signature of Rabbi Ya'akov Weill
of Karlsruhe, the author of "Torat Ha'Shabbat".

The catalog includes many historical documents and certificates of the
Yishuv in the Land of Israel. We shall mention one of them here:

A large collection of important documents and letters handwritten by the
rabbis of Jerusalem, 1855-1862. The collection contains important, unknown
information about the Yishuv of Jerusalem. Well-known rabbis of Jerusalem
are mentioned by the documents, headed by the well-known rabbi of
Jerusalem, Rabbi Moshe Rivlin, who was called "Ha'Maggid Doresh Zion". The
documents also mentions the rabbi who immigrated to Israel with Rabbi
Rivlin and replaced him as the rabbi of Jerusalem: Rabbi Shmuel Salant.

An extremely rare, valuable collection!

The section of Rabbis' letters and manuscripts contains many gems. Among
them:

·        Long Letter by Rabbi Aharon David Deutsch, the disciple of the
Chatam Sofer, who said of him that he relies in his prayers on Rabbu
Deutsch.

·        Long document in the Handwriting of Rabbi Yosef Chaim Sonnenfeld -
Signatures of Rabbi Shmuel Salant, Rabbi Yosef Chaim Sonnenfeld and Rabbi
Shlomo Zalman Baharan. Extremely rare! This is a unique item.

·        Letter handwritten by Rabbi Aharon Kotler (18 lines) on the
official stationery of "Yeshivat Etz Chaim in Kleck".

·        A Mussar Letter in the Handwriting and with the Signature of Rabbi
Yisrael Dov Odesser, "Ba'al Ha'Petek", also known as "Saba Yisrael. A
letter in his handwriting has never appeared in auctions. Extremely rare!

·        Two Early, Rare and Historical Letters from the Rebbe Rabbi
Yochanan Sofer of Erlau. One of them was sent from Erlau when the Rebbe was
18! With important content regarding the history of the Rebbe and his
family. Such letters have never been seen in auctions!

The catalog also contains important archives:

·        Very Large Archive that includes hundreds of items of Agudat
Yisrael in the Land of Israel. In addition, it contains the private archive
of Rabbi Yitzchak Yedidya Frankel, the rabbi of Tel Aviv, the archive of
the "Kol Yisrael" newspaper of Agudat Yisrael in Jerusalem, the archive of
the "Beit Ya'akov" educational network during its first years in the Land
of Israel and additional archives related to Agudat Yisrael. Many important
letters by rabbis, public figures and more. Most of the material has not
been examined; yet it undoubtedly contains most important historical items.

·        The archive of Rabbi Aharon Milevsky, who was greatly appreciated
by the most prominent rabbis of his generation. Rabbi Avraham Yitzchak
Ha'Cohen Kook wrote of him: "he will be one of the greatest rabbis of his
generation". The archive contains dozens of important letters that were
sent to him by the most prominent rabbis, among them: Rabbi Avraham
Yitzchak Ha'Cohen Kook, Rabbi Avraham Dov Shapira of Kaunas (Kovna), author
of "Devar Avraham", Rabbi Shimon Shkop, Rabbi Issar Zalman Meltzer, Rabbi
Moshe Mordechai Epstein and many other great rabbis.

*Preview of the items will be on*
*Sunday **July 3**, 12:00-20:00*
*Monday **July 4**, 12:00-20:00*
*Tuesday July 5**, 12:00-20:00*

*Wednesday July 6, 9:00-13:00*

*Thursday July 7, 9:00-13:00*

There are four options to participate in our auction:
1.    Participation in our Auction Hall at our office, 2 Rabbi Maimon
Street and actual attendance at the auction.
2.    Sending bids by mail, fax or e-mail, by means of our participation
form, which appears on our website.
Address for sending bids by mail: P.O.B 36236 Jerusalem 9136102, to
'Jerusalem of Gold'.
Fax: 02-5704377
E-mail: jerusalmofg...@gmail.com
3.    Participation by telephone: after filling a participation form, you
may contact one of our representatives by phone during the auction and bid
live for the items you are interested in:  02-5877771, 058-7752752,
054-4226869.
4.    On-line participation: after pre-registering, you will be able to
participate in the auction via the internet and bid live:
https://www.bidspirit.com <https://jerusalem-ofgold.bidspirit.com/?lang=en>
 and http://www.invaluable.com
<http://www.invaluable.com/auction-house/jerusalem-of-gold-ltd.-nrklqxfbrp>.
The on-line system supports mobile devices such as cellphones and
tablets. It should be noted that some browsers of cellphones and tablets do
not support video transmission. In order to watch the video, a browser
application named Puffin should be installed: For installing the
application on iPhone and iPad devices click here
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puffin-web-browser-free/id472937654?mt=8>. For
installing the application on Android devices click here
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinFree&hl=en>
.
For further information, please contact us at jerusalemofgo...@gmail.com
or phone: 02-5877771, 058-7752752.
*We wish you and your families continued enjoyable collecting*
*Jerusalem of Gold Auction House*

--
                  *יוסף מזרחי* *-* *שיווק ומכירות *
*ירושלים של זהב **- יודאיקה, עתיקות ואמנות בע"מ*