Thanks to those who sent in suggestions for the AJL Reads virtual book
discussion. From among all those excellent suggestions, we have chosen Reading
Claudius: A Memoir in Two Parts by Caroline Heller because it's about the power
of literature.

We will hold the book discussion at the beginning of November. You can find a
copy new or used here:
https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Claudius-Memoir-Two-Parts/dp/0385337612/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473713907&sr=8-1&keywords=reading+claudius
You can also buy an e-book from the publisher here:
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/78135/reading-claudius-by-caroline-heller/

We're going to experiment with a different format for this discussion. Instead
of a conference call, we will use Facebook to discuss the book over a period of
several days. Author Caroline Heller will join our discussion to answer
questions on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, you can join the
Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ajlreads. If you are not a
member of Facebook, you will be able to read the discussion but not participate.

I believe we will hold the discussion during Tuesday and Wednesday November 1-2
(just confirming with Caroline Heller now). This should make it convenient for
people to participate from different time zones. We will post discussion
questions throughout those days, and I hope you will respond with comments and
opinions, and your questions for the author.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Heidi Rabinowitz
Member Relations Chair
Association of Jewish Libraries