I have been asked to post this job opportunity for a Temple Librarian (15 hours
a week) at Temple Solel, in Cardiff, CA-near San Diego:
Temple Solel Librarian
Administer library and perform related library services. Tasks may include
selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating and maintaining
library materials, and assisting readers with choice of books. Set up and work
with databases/information systems to catalogue and access information.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Librarian"
1) Respond to readers' requests to determine needed information and/or
book referrals, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
2) Teach readers how to search for information using databases.
3) Keep records of circulation and materials.
4) Supervise budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
5) Manage library inventory.
6) Check books in and out of the library.
7) Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and
provide information about library policies.
8) Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs in
order to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
9) Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids,
and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library
10) Select books and lead book groups.
11) Read stories to young children.
12) Expand volunteer base and roles.
12) Nurture relationships with donors and encourage additional contributions.
13) Promote increased usage of library through social media and onsite
presentations in the community.
* Independent worker
* Organizational skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Computer skills: Alexandria library software experience and knowledge
of Elazar classification
* Cataloguing and classification experience
* Knowledge of Jewish community
* Knowledge of Jewish history and calendar
* Knowledge of Jewish authors and literature
* Knowledge of online Jewish resources
* This position is funded for part-time up to 15 hours/week.
* Library hours must include the following:
o Tuesday mornings from 9:30-11:30am to read to preschoolers
o Wednesday afternoons from 3:00-6:00pm during Hebrew School hours
o Responsible for Sunday staffing from 8:30am-1:00pm during the school year
when Religious School is in session (Note: We currently have part-time
employees who are working these hours, but the librarian can choose to work the
Sunday hours instead of the current employees. These hours will be part of the
o Remaining hours mutually agreed upon by librarian and Temple Solel staff.
Send cover letter and resume to Temple Solel School Director Ellen Fox
(e...@templesolel.net<mailto:e...@templesolel.net>; Temple Solel, 3575
Manchester Avenue, Cardiff, CA 92007). No phone calls please.
Library Director, Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library
Address: 15600 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California 90077
Phone: (310) 440-1264
Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual author
and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL)
Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:
To join Ha-Safran, update or change your subscription, etc. - click here:
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments send to: galro...@osu.edu
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org
Hasafran mailing list