Now that the holidays are over and 2017 is approaching its end, it’s high time
to collect our information regarding this year’s candidates for the  Judaica
reference and bibliography awards. As a cataloger, I see only the Hebrew
materials that we receive, so I need much help from all of you.

We already have two bibliographies to consider:

David Hollander’s “Legal scholarship in Jewish law :  an annotated bibliography
of journal articles”  (Getzville, New York :  William S. Hein & Co.,  2017)

Steven J. Weiss’ “Otsar Pirḳe Avot : ǂb biblyografiyah shel perushim
le-Masekhet Avot she-nidpesu mi-shenat 245 (1485) ʻad shenat 775 (2015) = Pirke
Avot: a thesaurus : an annotated bibliography of printed Hebrew commentaries,
1485-2015 (Los Angeles ;  Yerushalaim :  Hotsaʼat Ṿa-yelaḳeṭ Yosef Shelomoh
Ṿais,  776 = 2016).  I guess it was also published late in the year.

As for reference works, I noticed in July that we had received in Princeton
only then Mordechai Akiva Friedman’s “A dictionary of Medieval Judeo-Arabic”,
published by the Ben-Zvi Institute in 2016.  It seems to have been published
late in 2016, so, since we missed it, we might  consider it. But I’d rather not
miss any of the 2017 publications.

Do you know of any reference works published in 2017? I’d rather hear several
times than none at all.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Rachel Simon
Chairing the AJL Judaica Reference and Bibliography Awards Committee
rsi...@princeton.edu