I know of the early chapter book Cam Jansen mystery series by David Adler
but I've never read any of them. Does anyone know if Cam is identifiably
Jewish? Or is she sort of a "stealth Jew"?

At an event called Jew in the City, Adler said this:

"Esteemed author David Adler commented that the famed Cam Jansen always ate
cream cheese sandwiches and solved mysteries by Thursdays, because eating
kosher and observing the Sabbath was a priority even for his fictitious
storybook character. “I have always tried to infuse my books with as many
Jewish values as I can,” Adler said. Adler dedicated this award to his late
father who had been so proud of him and his success as an author."

Thanks
Heidi Rabinowitz
bookoflifepodc...@gmail.com