In celebration of our 70th anniversary, we are putting together a history of
all of the chazzanim at North Suburban Synagogue Beth El in Highland Park, IL.
We are trying to fill in the blanks about Cantor Eliahu Treistman who served
from 1979-1980.  We tracked down  a copy of one of his records ("Cantor Eliahu
Treistman Lyric Tenor Sings The Prayers of Elijah from My Heart to Jerusalem")
but we're still missing his date of birth and where he went after he left our
synagogue.  A congregant ran into him in Tel Aviv in the 1990's but that's all
we know.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I can't quit until I at least check to
see if any of my AJL colleagues can help me with this!

Many thanks,

Rachel Kamin, Director
The Joseph and Mae Gray Cultural & Learning Center
North Suburban Synagogue Beth El
1175 Sheridan Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
847/926-7902 or rka...@nssbethel.org<blocked::mailto:rka...@nssbethel.org>

Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9am-2pm and Wednesday 4-6 pm &
Sunday 9am-12pm (when school is in session)