*The 2018 Annual Conference in Boston*

The conference will be held June 18-20 at Temple Israel in Boston. We have
reserved sleeping rooms at the Holiday Inn in Brookline, a half mile from
Temple Israel. Details about transportation and travel can be found below.
You can register for the conference and hotel.You will also find the
Preliminary Program Schedule.

This is a special year for the Sydney Taylor awards. We are celebrating
fifty years since the start of these awards. There will be a special body
of work award presented at the Awards Dinner to Harold Grinspoon and PJ
Library. On the Sunday previous to the conference, the SSC Division is
sponsoring a special community program at the Boston Public Library (a
short train ride away from the hotel). Any AJL member who is already in
Boston at that time is welcome to join the event.

Our keynote speak is Dan Cohen, who was the founding executive director of
the Digital Public Library of America. This online site contains a wealth
of information of value to L-12 and academic librarians, as well as to
lifelong learners.

We are cooperating with the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research for a
session entitled *The Role of Individuals in Rescuing Vilna Collections*.
In addition,  Jonathan Brent, executive director of YIVO, will make a
special presentation at our Wednesday lunch to Dainius Ulpis, whose father
Antanas Ulpis hid and preserved after the war books that survived the Nazi
plundering of the YIVO Institute in Vilna. We are honored to partner with
YIVO in this special public recognition of the courage and dedication of
Antanas Ulpis.