PRESS RELEASE

Toronto, April 3, 2018
Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal

We are delighted to announce the electronic publication of the new issue of
Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal. The journal can be accessed at
http://www.womeninjudaism.org

Founded in 1997, the journal is the first multidisciplinary-refereed e-journal
solely dedicated to gender-related issues in Judaism.

Volume 14, No 1 (2017)

Table of Contents

Articles

Viewing Yokheved (Jochebed)
 by David J. Zucker

A Jewish Rose by Any Other Name: Thoughts on the Regulation of Jewish Women’s
Personal Names
by Omi (Naomi) Morgenstern Leissner

The Status of 16th Century Jewish Women in the Ottoman Empire According to
Seder Nashim and Shulḥan Hapanim in Ladino
by Ora (Rodrigue) Schwarzwald

Metaphors Connecting Jeremiah and Jezebel: The Case of domen
by Naomi Graetz

Music Review

Hirschhorn, Linda. Becoming. OA11110CD. Berkeley, CA: Oyster Albums, Kehila
Productions: 2007.
by Judith S. Pinnolis

Book Reviews

Adelman, Rachel E. The Female Ruse: Women’s Deception and Divine Sanction in
the Hebrew Bible. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2015.
Reviewed by David J. Zucker

Merin, Tamar. Spoiling the Stories: The Rise of Israeli Women’s Fiction.
Evanston. Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 2016.
Reviewed by David B. Levy

Rabins, Alicia Jo. Divinity School. Philadelphia: The American Poetry Review,
2015.
Reviewed by Rachel Adelman

Rohner, Patricia Striar. Tzippy the Thief. Berkeley, CA: She Writes Press, 2016.
Reviewed by Sheryl Stahl

Contact information:
Dr. Dina Ripsman Eylon, Editor-in-Chief
Women in Judaism: A Multidisciplinary e-Journal
www.womeninjudaism.org
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 416-995-0599
E-mail: dina.ey...@utoronto.ca

To be updated about our ongoing activities, please register on our site, like
us on Facebook and/or subscribe to our RSS feeds.