Dear AJL Members:
    As the Progressive Librarians Guild is planning an issue of its journal
which we believe will be yet another case of librarian demonizing of
Israel, you should be aware of these Palestinian attacks against Israeli
libraries and archives, including a bookstore.  Our listing is, by no
means, complete, If any of you know of additional attacks, please.let us
know.  We hope this listing will be widely disseminated in order to counter
the Israel-bashing that is so prevalent in our profession.
                        Sincerely,
                              L. Andy
                              Coordinator, Librarians for Fairness
                               librariansforfairn...@gmail.com

PALESTINIAN ATTACKS AGAINST ISRAELIS

1. March 7, 2002- A Palestinian terrorist used grenades and an assault
rifle to murder five Israeli high school students who were in a yeshivah's
study hall-library in the community of Azmona.

2. July 31, 2003- Hamas terrorists bombed the Frank Sinatra cafeteria of
Hebrew University, in Jerusalem, murdering librarian Dina Carter and eight
others. Fifty innocent people were injured in the attack. Dina Carter, a
librarian and archivist at the Jewish National Library, on Mount Scopus,
had been at the Hebrew University that day to register for a course to
improve her skills as a librarian.

3. July 21, 2006- Rockets fired by Hezbollah terrorists hit Haifa, and
wounded Israelis in the Russian-language bookstore. Windows were blown out
and blood stained the floor. Six people were wounded and a larger number
were treated for shock.

4. August 6, 2006- In the evening, a Hezbollah rocket hit the historical
archive of al-Ittihad, a Haifa-based Arabic-language newspaper. "When I
heard that our historical building was hit, I felt a lot of anger. This is
a place which contains real treasures...This is not just a house, but a
place with history, which we all grew up in," said Dr. Ahmed Saad, the
editor.

5. January 24, 2008- Two Palestinian terrorists entered the library of the
Mekor Haim Yeshiva, in Kfar Etzion, where seven of the school's staff
members were meeting. One staffer was stabbed, before an armed Israeli
entered, shot and killed the terrorists.

Ongoing- There is continuing destruction of the Temple Mount and the
historical Judaic artifacts it contains, by the Palestinian-Moslem Waqf.
Palestinian terrorists have now largely destroyed Joseph's Tomb. Since the
Israeli withdrawal from Gaza in 2005, the thousands of rockets launched by
Palestinian terrorists against Israeli civilian communities, have
drastically curtailed the services and hours of the Sderot Public Library.
On June 18, 2006, for example, two Israelis were hospitalized when a rocket
landed just steps from the library's entrance. In addition, a number of
other Israeli schools, kindergartens, and medical centers have been hit by
Palestinian missiles and rockets, in the past three years.

PALESTINIAN ATTACKS AGAINST OTHER PALESTINIANS

1. April 15, 2007- The library of the Palestinian Bible Society (operated
by a Baptist-affiliated organization) and three internet cafes in the same
building, were extensively damaged by a bomb planted by Palestinian Moslem
terrorists. The blast at the library even blew off the entrance doors.

2. October 7, 2007- The battered body of 31-year-old Rami Ayyad, director
of the Gaza Strip's only Christian bookstore, the Teachers' Bookshop (it
was affiliated with the Palestinian Bible Society, see above) was
discovered. He had been kidnapped and murdered. He had been threatened and
targeted a number of times by Palestinian Moslem terrorists, since the
Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, in August of 2005.

3. February 15, 2008- Palestinian terrorists blew up and destroyed the YMCA
Library, in the Gaza Strip. Fatah blamed Hamas for the destruction. At
least a dozen terrorists were involved in the attack. Issa Saba, secretary
general of the YMCA, said all eight thousand books in the collection were
destroyed.