Dear Safranim,
Below is a generic fill-in-the-blanks letter that you can use to help AJL
spread the word about the new Love Your Neighbor series of book lists. Feel
free to use as is (with blanks filled in) or to adapt as needed. Send it to the
director of your local public library system, and feel free to adapt it for use
with other organizations like your local school board or interfaith group. FYI,
AJL is publicizing this project nationally, but the local touch can be so
effective and that's why we are asking for your help.
Thanks, everyone! - Heidi Rabinowitz,
heidi.rabinow...@cbiboca.org<mailto:heidi.rabinow...@cbiboca.org>

SAMPLE LETTER

Dear [public library director's name],

I am a local librarian, working at [your library]. I'm writing to ask for your
help in disseminating an important bibliography to [name of public library
system] staff and patrons. It's a project of the Association of Jewish
Libraries, of which I am a member.

The Association of Jewish Libraries presents "Love Your Neighbor," a series of
book recommendations for youth meant to grow readers' understanding of the
Jewish religion and its people. The first book list in the series, "Standing Up
For Each Other," was composed in response to the tragic synagogue shooting in
Pittsburgh. The picture books and chapter books on this list will touch
readers' hearts and inspire them to build a more welcoming world. This book
list can be found at https://jewishlibraries.org/blog/id/403 and you can read
the story of its creation in Tablet Magazine at
https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/274131/a-booklist-for-non-jewish-kids-and-parents<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.tabletmag.com_scroll_274131_a-2Dbooklist-2Dfor-2Dnon-2Djewish-2Dkids-2Dand-2Dparents&d=DwMFaQ&c=JMJxdiofvjJKeebMXBrIn8vDKQGaIrsQQJbzDQHviG0&r=h-U82YtlM32G3TSfTfzdqIjF3asWCk5JWDZfhl7-vZ4&m=RlOjpB98-URiHqE61dnie5ChoMrHG5_OjvjSCgu4J_w&s=iR4jxv5b_qTD-1CBn2fBGN2rYm29fr3008MYdmqdgsQ&e=>.

If possible, please share this information with your staff (especially Youth
Services), with your patrons, and on your social media. We are especially eager
to reach readers who are not Jewish!

L'shalom,

[your name]
[your job title]