Thank you, Erika! I was moved by Sara Lippman's essay and learned a
delightfully melancholy new word there. "Vellichor," coined by John
Koenig (*The
Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows*), means "the strange wistfulness of used
bookstores, which are somehow infused with the passage of time — filled
with thousands of old books you’ll never have time to read, each of which
is itself locked in its own era, bound and dated and papered over like an
old room the author abandoned years ago, a hidden annex littered with
thoughts left just as they were on the day they were captured." Source:
World Wide Words http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-vel4.htm

Shabbat shalom!
Annette

--
Annette Goldsmith, PhD
Librarian, Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel, Los Angeles, CA

 "A book is like a world you can carry around with you." Liniers,
*Written and Drawn by Henrietta*  (TOON Books, 2015)