TBE Library via Hasafran wrote:
....moving... to Japan for a year to a city with no synagogue or visible Jewish community.
Hyya All!
From 1973-1977 I lived in and taught english at the Yokohama YMCA, and at an all-girl high school in the near-by town of Fujisawa (Japan). I may have gone up to Tokyo maybe 4 times in all that time, because I suffer from the paralyzing fear of being squashed in the 7th level underground in a subway in an  earthquake.

Though I can't be of much help without knowing exactly where the friend is moving, there are two possibilities of finding something that resembles a jewish community.

 * The u.s.a. Armed Forces. Yokosuka and Zama are not far from
   Yokohama. There are other army or navy or air forces bases in Japan
   but far far far fewer than when I was banging around Japan during
   the Vietnam conflict thing. So look up alll the u.s.a. armed forces
   bases in Japan on the internet and contact them about the jewish
   commuinites (if any) that may exist today.
 * Shabuya (Tokyo)
   https://www.cjnews.com/uncategorized/tale-two-chabads-tokyo There
   are two jabad (that don't talk to each other) and one non-jabad
   synagogue. These did not exist when I was there but I had the
   now-closed Yokohama Navy Base nearby with a rather biggish jewish
   community. I met, can't remember how, a medical doctor who got me on
   and off the base for Rosh haShana and Yom Kipur. I may have also
   gone to one Seder. The trick is getting someone with access to
   whichever military base to accompany you while you are on that base.
 * YOUTUBE: the closest thing to a book. The fist YOUTUBE was done in
   2019 and the second in 2014. Not a whole lot of information but it's
   a start. Unfortunately just like here in Spain, the jewish
   population is so fluid that almost all info is out of date before it
   is published even on the internet
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMoJYDluyxQ
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WN57HNwNtU

Happy Januka!