Shalom,

I am excited to announce that Association of Jewish Libraries is partnering
with the U.S. Census Bureau to support the 2020 Census. As a partner, we
will be working to make sure our community is accurately represented in the
upcoming decennial count.

You may have heard the the U.S. Census Bureau was seeking out librarians to
help in this task because of our special skills in processing metadata.
However, *this* email is about how AJL can help the U.S. Census get the
word out to the general public about the need to fill out the census forms.
Please consider sharing one of the links below on *your* library's website.

The census counts everyone in the United States. Census results are the
basis for congressional representation and help determine how more than
$675 billion in federal funds is distributed each year to support vital
programs in states and communities across the country. These funds shape
local health care, housing, education, transportation, employment, and
public policy.

As the 2020 Census online deadline approaches on October 31, 2020 during
this crisis, it is crucial to spread the word to library patrons in insure
that our communities receive vital services.

Below are some sample links and images you might consider adding to your
library's website or social media.

Thank you for your help,

Jackie

Simple website badge:

https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2019-03/Census%20Partnership%20Web%20Badges_1A_v1.8_12.10.2018.jpg

Customizable media badges:

https://2020census.gov/content/dam/2020census/materials/partners/2019-03/Census%20Partnership%20Media%20Graphics_1_v1.8_12.10.2018.jpg

Database of all available materials if you would prefer to pick and choose:

 https://2020census.gov/en/partners/outreach-materials.html

--
Jackie Ben-Efraim

*"Although the books had changed, I the reader had not." **Micha Yosef
Berdichevsky 1865-1921*

Special Collections Librarian
Ostrow Library
American Jewish University