Dear Fellow Librarians,

I am honored and excited to have been asked to update the entry on
Librarians in the United States in the newly launched *Shalvi/Hyman
Encyclopedia of Jewish Women. *Some of you will remember the session at
last summer’s (virtual) conference on “Jewish Women Who Changed the World”
that included Jewish Women’s Archive Twersky Education Fellow Lucy Marshall
telling us about the Encyclopedia.

The current article on librarians
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/librarians-in-united-states__;!!KGKeukY!iaWr1STbZoF70KSP4xw4v_Lu8NzMhNVwNdXly7HFX3oSZc0_QKcuxXNA5Bm2q4cnLM5gKlbAQ8G2$
 >was
written by Linda P. Lerman for the 1997 *Jewish Women in America: An
Historical Encyclopedia, *edited by Paula E. Hyman and Deborah Dash Moore.
I’m asking your help to ensure that the update does not miss any noteworthy
developments of the past 25 years.

*Please send me your suggestions for people, publications, and places to
include in the update. Include as many details as you have (or sources for
information you recommend be included). *The updated Encyclopedia has
launched online, and JWA is eager for this article to be completed. I know
we’re coming up on the next season of holiday interruptions, so I hope you
will make time to reply before Thanksgiving.

Note: The updated article can be somewhat longer than the original, but not
more than one-and-a-half times as long. That limit could affect the choice
of what to include and whether adding contemporary history will require
abridging some of the earlier material.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Marga

Marga Hirsch