Dear Colleagues,

With the conference behind us, we are looking forward to our monthly
programming.  This Thursday, at 12:30 PM Eastern, we look forward to
hearing from Gabor Kadar discussing a fantastic new resource, Yerusha:
European Jewish Archives Online.

The Yerusha Project is a digital humanities initiative by the Rothschild
Foundation Hanadiv Europe. It is an online hub of information regarding
European Jewish archival heritage. Covering over 12,000 archival
collections in 550 institutions of 28 countries, Yerusha operates as a
central, online catalogue of Jewish and Jewish-related archival holdings.
The presentation will provide a demonstration of the database’s various
features and it will touch upon the potential future development of the
resource. Gabor Kadar is the Director of the Yerusha Project, a digital
humanities initiative by the Rothschild Foundation Hanadiv Europe. He is
also a recurrent visiting professor of the Jewish Studies Program at the
Central European University (Budapest-Vienna). Former Senior Historian of
the Hungarian Jewish Archives (Budapest), Dr Kadar is the author and
co-author of six monographs and numerous studies and articles regarding
various aspects of the Holocaust and the history of Jews in Hungary. He has
lead and participated in archival research projects for the United States
Holocaust Memorial Museum and Yad Vashem. Dr Kadar is member of the Digital
Forum Advisory Board of the European Association of Jewish Studies.

The event is open to AJL members and non-members. You can register for the
event here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpdu6rpzgiGNWwl1ypdo4DES-wzSsV-d-y__;!!KGKeukY!3oAumylMwMixgvBRMKYqulGk-ieGnlsHWtnGsi4xmaVIiQ5ZLrUYKJ2F6515OpelbSvU_D2AU5LGHMN-De4I$

We look forward to seeing you there!

My best,
Michelle