Peggy,

Thank you for your very nice thoughts.  It's a pleasure to hear from you.
If I did a decent job in my position as RAS president, I attribute that to
your leadership as my predecessor.  You offered superb guidance and
demonstrated by your dedication, diligence, hard work, and great example
how one should proceed in carrying out the mission and goals of a
professional association.

All the best,
Elliot