I have recently written a dual language book titled Dr. Wilhelm Strauss,
Kinderarzt:  Eine Odyssee des 20. Jahrhunderts / Dr. Wilhelm Strauss,
Pediatrician: A 20th Century Odyssey, published this summer 2022 by Verlag
Berger in Vienna.  The book concerns the life and times of my grandfather,
a noted pediatrician, from his childhood in Prague and his late Hapsburg
monarchy medical education in Vienna, to his practice of social medicine in
Wiener Neustadt during the Julius Tandler era.  It continues with the
painful disruptions of the "Anschluss" and his forced exile in Baghdad, and
concludes unexpectedly in New York State where he practiced medicine for
the last 20 years of his life.  Reproduced in the book are valuable
documents in his own words, including a 100-year old brochure titled
"Childhood Diseases and Their Prevention" printed and distributed by the
*Krankenkasse* (The Austrian State Insurance Agency), describing the state
of pediatric medicine at the beginning of the First Austrian Republic.  The
book includes more than 100 reproduced documents (including medical school
transcripts and curricula) and photographs.

I would like to make a gift of the book to Jewish Libraries, and I would
also welcome a phone conversation.

Thank you for your assistance and regards,

Dr. John F. Strauss

Professor of Music

Luther College

Decorah, IA 52101