Alan, Thanks for your reply. I hope to get it before my lesson, Amalia From: Alan Lapayover via Hasafran Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2023 2: 23 PM To: hasafran@ lists. osu. edu Subject: [ha-Safran] Live-streaming, video-conferencing .. . Regarding

Alan,

Thanks for your reply.  I hope to get it before my lesson,

Amalia

From: Alan Lapayover via Hasafran
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2023 2:23 PM
To: hasafran@lists.osu.edu
Subject: [ha-Safran] Live-streaming, video-conferencing ...

Regarding Amalia’s request about “Live-streaming, video-conferencing and related technologies enable congregants to connect beyond the walls of the synagogue, can we effectively count those whom we know to be technologically present

Regarding Amalia’s request about “Live-streaming, video-conferencing and related technologies enable congregants to connect beyond the walls of the synagogue, can we effectively count those whom we know to be technologically present as part of a minyan?” there is an interesting discussion in the Journal of Halacha and Contemporary Society, No.75, December 2020 entitled “Zooming In: Participation in Prayer Over Video Conference” by Rabbi Joshua Flug (p.83-95).

Rabbi Alan LaPayover

Director, Mordecai M. Kaplan Library

Reconstructionist Rabbinical College

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html