Dear AJL friends,

As I complete the metadata for cover images of Judaica Librarianship’s back
issues, based on descriptions printed in these issues (but not on their
covers), I encountered a problem and need some help.

The cover image for Volume 1:2 (Spring
1984)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org/index.php/jl/issue/view/35__;!!KGKeukY!3HYQCGadB7Ci-6yIYv5J9c4Gh5UGE_ROoZL6qu_duoKlBAKJlScvfIaGOqTSg_wVVvEuA6ORfzF2fsuUVEPRKPlH02jAuDg$
 > is probably from one of Beverly Brodsky's children's books, but the note
referring to it in Marcia Posner’s interview with the artist (p. 104) is not
too informative:

In The Golem, Brodsky has contrasted broad areas of deep, harmonious
earthtones, with dramatic and explosive complementary colors. The stark white
of the page is used almost as a color in itself. “It's a device to give form
and shape to the content,” she says. This important device was used in Sedna
(Viking, 1975) and Jonah (Lippincott, 1977) as well. (See cover photo - Ed.)

The image is most probably from The Golem, but none of the images I can access
online match the one featured on the that volume cover. The book is availed in
a remote storage at my library and will take a couple of days to arrive. Can
anyone who owns the book take a look at it and let me know?

Thank you,
Rachel

Rachel Leket-Mor, Librarian
Curator, Open Stack Collections, IsraPulp Collection
Affiliate, Center for Jewish Studies, Center for Maghrib Studies
Arizona State University Library

Editor, Judaica Librarianship (2012–Present)
Association of Jewish Libraries
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ajlpublishing.org__;!!KGKeukY!3HYQCGadB7Ci-6yIYv5J9c4Gh5UGE_ROoZL6qu_duoKlBAKJlScvfIaGOqTSg_wVVvEuA6ORfzF2fsuUVEPRKPlH-fJu7_I$

I live and work on the ancestral
lands<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://usdac.us/nativeland__;!!KGKeukY!3HYQCGadB7Ci-6yIYv5J9c4Gh5UGE_ROoZL6qu_duoKlBAKJlScvfIaGOqTSg_wVVvEuA6ORfzF2fsuUVEPRKPlHFzpLwmc$
 > of the Akimel O’odham (Pima) and Pe​e Posh (Maricopa) peoples and benefit
from their ongoing stewardship and place-based knowledge.

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html