EX: Please see this article  from Nov. 2023 as an example:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://librariesforthepeople.substack.com/p/library-solidarity-with-palestine__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK7KRHP9w$

Library Solidarity with Palestine + Board Member Profile + Candidate Open House
For the People Monthly Newsletter: November 2023
For The People
Libraries<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substack.com/profile/135072721-for-the-people-libraries__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJgdGyHNw$

Library Solidarity with Palestine

For the People stands in solidarity with Palestine! We've been happy to see a
number of librarian groups put out public statements, share resource guides, or
announce upcoming events in solidarity with Palestine and Palestinians.

  *   Librarians and Archivists with Palestine: 2023 Statement on
Gaza<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://librarianswithpalestine.org/2023-statement-on-gaza/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLng3A2aQ$
 >, and Action
Toolkit<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCZrTKiSitLonc8Csz0nMPqMgLLmLTrrPjT3s--obcU__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJY4wmHmg$

  *   Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association: APALA Statement Calling
for Ceasefire in
Gaza<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.apalaweb.org/gaza-ceasefire-2023/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJwuRF8Xw$

  *   We Here: Resources for a Free
Palestine<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_8Tpe9FQ1khUlAXJxdvZTOre8zdvbiqf7-qbR5-gS14/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLJU-8F2Q$

  *   Social Responsibility Round Table (of ALA): Opportunities for Librarians
and Unions to Protect Palestinians from
Censorship<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ala.org/rt/sites/ala.org.rt/files/content/SRRT/Newsletters/srrt223.pdf__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLjl1OEgA$

  *   If you happen to be in NYC, join Librarians and Archivists with Palestine
at Interference Archive for the event Ten Years of Librarians & Archivists with
Palestine<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://interferencearchive.org/event/ten-years-of-librarians-archivists-with-palestine/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLT_MhInw$
 > on Saturday, November 11th, from 5-8pm

  *   Keep an eye out for an upcoming event from Library Freedom
Project<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraryfreedom.org/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQKPcvWO5Q$
 > for library workers to discuss repression and censorship of Palestinians in
the diaspora and their supporters. You can follow their Instagram
(@libraryfreedom<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.instagram.com/libraryfreedom/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIEuaa_RA$
 >) or reach out to i...@libraryfreedom.org<mailto:i...@libraryfreedom.org> to
sign up to get more info about the event

For the People Events

We had a few great events in October, and the first two recordings are now
online. If you missed them, please feel encouraged to check out the recorded
versions below.

  *   How They Did
It<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.librariesforthepeople.org/events/how-they-did-it__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLn8q72kQ$
 > with Library Patrons Union and Louisiana Citizens Against Censorship

  *   Beyond Book
Bans<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4LCf9W6q0FGGkwl9ikQp0EeY17E0ISv/view__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJYVvVSkw$
 > with Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ)

We have one event coming up this month, our first open house for those running
for, or seeking appointment to, their local public library boards.

November 9th: Candidate Cohort Open
House<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.librariesforthepeople.org/events/candidate-cohort-open-house__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLwIVwIbA$

Thursday, November 9th from 6:30PM-7:30PM EDT | 3:30PM-4:30PM PDT
Learn more about For The People’s upcoming candidate cohort of folks who are
running for, or seeking appointment to, library boards.
Free event registration:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.librariesforthepeople.org/events/candidate-cohort-open-house__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLwIVwIbA$

For The People is holding a cohort open house for anyone who has already
committed to joining or is considering joining our library board candidate
cohort. We’ll talk more about the cohort structure and syllabus, and introduce
you to some key folks who will be helping along the way. Whether you’re
thinking about joining your library board now or in the future, come to our
open house to learn more and meet other candidates!

Meet the Leftists Building Local Power for Libraries!
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F51fa1235-87b1-4af2-82b3-34f15712f0d6_1196x1800.jpeg__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQKQ_DjMng$

[https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F51fa1235-87b1-4af2-82b3-34f15712f0d6_1196x1800.jpeg__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIFLuVSww$
 ]

As leftists are building local power by gaining appointment or election to
their local library boards, we want to introduce you to the folks who are
stepping up in their communities! Today, we’re so excited to share Tracy
Jackson’s story with you about her journey to joining her local board in
Durham, North Carolina. She says:

I'm Tracy Jackson and have recently joined my local public library's Board of
Trustees. I went to library school at UNC Chapel Hill and have been working
full time as an archivist in academic libraries since 2011. I am an avid reader
and frequent user of public libraries, involved in several professional
projects related to inclusion and reparative work, and have lived in Durham,
NC, for the past nine years. As a shy person with sometimes intense social
anxiety, I have been looking for ways to get active in leftist causes and
organizations and have been struggling to find something that fits.

I was inspired to start attending library board meetings by following Mariame
Kaba and For The
People<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://librariesforthepeople.org__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJVMCb43g$
 >. At the first board meeting I attended, in early summer, I learned they had
vacancies and were accepting applications. In Durham, which is a county library
system, the Library Board is appointed by the Board of County Commissioners,
using applications residents have submitted themselves. At the meeting I
attended, I learned applications were due within two weeks, and they did not
actually have enough applications to fill the vacancies. So after battling
imposter syndrome for a week (who was I to be on the board?), I submitted an
application. In it, I emphasized my strong beliefs in intellectual freedom,
library access for all people, and opposition to censorship and book bans.

A month later, I received a letter in the mail that told me the board of
commissioners could not come to a majority to approve my appointment. I had
been rejected, and it depressed me. I didn't attend the next meeting, and felt
like I didn't know how else to get involved yet.

Then in September, I suddenly got an email congratulating me on my appointment
to the board. Extremely puzzled but extremely enthusiastic, I dove into the
details of the appointment, which included an oath of office and ethics
training with the county deputy attorney. At the first board meeting I attended
as a member, two weeks ago, I learned that someone else had been appointed but
then had to resign; I was a backup choice, as there had clearly been more
applications by the deadline, and one of the current library board members had
advocated for me based on my application and my presence at the meeting I had
attended.

Durham is pretty safely liberal, and the board appears to be full of other
people who are also passionate about libraries and access. But I have learned
that book challenges have gone up in the past year or two, and we are a blue
dot in a very red state, so I am glad to be on the board as another voice for
the people. My current term is for three years, and I can serve up to three
consecutive terms, so I am looking forward to almost a decade of advocating for
libraries.

If Tracy’s story is helping you see yourself joining your local library board,
join us at the upcoming Candidate Cohort Open
House<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.librariesforthepeople.org/events/candidate-cohort-open-house__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLwIVwIbA$
 > to learn more about how to run for office or seek appointment. And if you’re
already an elected or appointed official serving on your library board and
you’d like to be part of our growing network library trustees, please share
your information with
us<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://airtable.com/appDZpOz28AoTfX7W/shrMRgxB99XULZZNL__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQL404mn2w$
 > to be connected with other leftists serving on library boards across the
country.

Updates from Library Land

Here’s a roundup of interesting articles from the last month that we think
you’ll appreciate:

  *   “Prison Itself Is Censorship”: Mariame Kaba on the Freedom to
Read<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://inthesetimes.com/article/prison-book-ban-attica-exhibit-mariame-kaba-george-jackson-toni-morrison__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIzwv4tZQ$
 > (Jack McCordick for In These Times)

  *   Reading Between the Bars: An In-Depth Look at Prison
Censorship<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pen.org/report/reading-between-the-bars/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJsP3VjTg$
 > (Moira Marquis and Juliana Luna for PEN America)

  *   The Circle of Fire: The Secretive Censorship of Greenville Library
Leadership<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mHfe_L0JReg9rXUWo-9Zw8tbT_pILMgh/view__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIFE2yfzA$
 > (Freedom in Libraries Advocacy Group)

  *   Envisioning Safety at Hennepin County
Library<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/8de5081e-bf18-4ae8-80ea-f651dbeda72d/downloads/Envisioning_Safety_Report__DATA*20REQUEST.pdf?ver=1692635660976__;JQ!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJKspt3fg$
 > (Hennepin County Library Envisioning Safety Group)

  *   Students and Activists Are Organizing to Keep Libraries Safe and
Funded<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.teenvogue.com/story/students-and-activists-are-organizing-to-keep-libraries-safe-and-funded__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLil2Ra7g$
 > (Rainesford Stauffer for Teen Vogue)

  *   File Under ‘S’ for Solidarity: Union Members Defend Local
Library<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://convergencemag.com/articles/file-under-s-for-solidarity-union-members-defend-local-library__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQI9MPxEuQ$
 > (Stephanie Luce for Convergence)

  *   How This District Boosted Its Ranks of School Librarians—From
Within<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.edweek.org/leadership/how-this-district-boosted-its-ranks-of-school-librarians-from-within/2023/10__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK8RdHpyQ$
 > (Elizabeth Heubeck for Education Week)

  *   Moms for Liberty meets its match: Parents in this swing suburban district
are fighting
back<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.salon.com/2023/10/10/moms-for-liberty-meets-its-match-parents-in-this-swing-suburban-district-are-fighting-back__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQI9Cif6mw$
 > (Amanda Marcotte for Salon)

  *   Dispatch Newsletter October 2023: Neoliberal
Niles<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nilescoalition.org/2023/10/16/dispatch-newsletter-october-2023-neoliberal-niles__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLBa3Ed8g$
 > (Niles Coalition)

  *   Illinois kickstarts funding to state prison libraries with $420K in
grants<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://chicago.suntimes.com/metro-state/2023/10/5/23903254/prison-library-funding-grants-alexi-giannoulias-illinois__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJUSuqokg$
 > (Mitchell Armentrout for Chicago Sun Times)

  *   Banned Black History Can Teach Us How to Fight Right-Wing School
Censorship<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://truthout.org/articles/banned-black-history-can-teach-us-how-to-fight-right-wing-school-censorship__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIdMsskCA$
 > (Mark Giles for Truthout)

  *   Ending Censorship Applies to Prison,
Too<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bookriot.com/prison-banned-books-week-2023/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJ7PaxBAQ$
 > (Kelly Jensen for Book Riot)

For the People Data Collection Update

For The People is compiling the first-ever nationwide database of public
library board seats to support leftists in running for, or seeking appointment
to, office. Back in early March we launched our Data Collection Project
Volunteer Task Force. We’re now 80% done with Phase One of data collection
(online research). Phase Two (direct outreach) is also progressing. You can
still sign up for either phase at the link below, we have more need for Phase
Two help than for Phase One help at the moment, but are always happy to have
folx sign up for either!

Sign up to help
here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8W0UPo615A-5ru8HVuO2k6QnE9DmWSIiotUxVJtXa3aSnFQ/viewform__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJL9g7V3Q$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F502ebf0f-10dd-4d4e-9830-18f57a38974f_1240x1114.png__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJXoBS5Ng$

[A map of the United States with shading that indicates what percentage of each
individual state has been "checked out". It's all been checked out. The data
source is available in Google sheets here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kwVzF4HYPS947GZfr7L7DCT73d_0sgRPe6VMdRiQug__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK2l2eoRA$
 ]
See the "Check-Outs" map in
DataWrapper<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.datawrapper.de/_/zGLrh/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQKyUa9GYQ$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F8e00e781-89ec-4df7-a6db-b0bafec9ee5d_1240x1080.png__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJBSq0Aew$

[A map of the United States with shading that indicates what percentage of each
individual state has been checked out and then returned, i.e. completed,
overall the work here is 80% complete. States including Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,
Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico,
North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont,
Washington, West Virginia are all at 100% returned. The data source is
available in Google sheets here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kwVzF4HYPS947GZfr7L7DCT73d_0sgRPe6VMdRiQug__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK2l2eoRA$
 ]
See the “Returns” map in
Datawrapper<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.datawrapper.de/_/SDfTa/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQIX26XVEQ$

Volunteer Scoreboard

Huge congratulations to our 1st place contributor, Anonymous Volunteer
Extraordinaire, and big thanks to Gesina Phillips for being the 2nd most
prolific contributor. We also had a tie for 3rd so two Anonymous Volunteer
Extraordinaires will be receiving prizes this month. Winners will receive a
prize package as described below.

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F691fd0a3-2155-4a50-b5ad-0e9ae6162ab4_821x930.jpeg__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQKXOS98wQ$

[Monthly data collection project volunteer rankings. A table with three
columns, left column is rank and is a sequential number from 1 to 20, middle
column is name/alias, and third column is points. Anonymous Volunteer
Extraordinaire came in first with 150 points. Gesina Phillips came in 2nd with
125 points. And two Anonymous Volunteer Extraordinaires tied for 3rd with 100
points. Many of the values in the name column are "Anonymous Volunteer
Extraordinaire" because this is an opt-in scoreboard.]

We really appreciate all of the amazing volunteers who have helped out with
this project so far. The prizes are incredible, as you can see below:

1st place🥇: Two items from the For the People Bonfire
Store<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bonfire.com/store/prison-cultures-store/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQI25PmNcw$
 > (not to exceed $70 in total value) + A signed copy of Mariame Kaba's book
Let This Radicalize
You<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/1922-let-this-radicalize-you__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJ1a3F8Bw$
certificate<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bookshop.org/gift_cards__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK0eN1HqA$
 >)

2nd place🥈: One item from the For the People Bonfire
Store<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bonfire.com/store/prison-cultures-store/__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQI25PmNcw$
 > (not to exceed $30 in total value) + A signed copy of Mariame Kaba's book
Let This Radicalize
You<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/1922-let-this-radicalize-you__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJ1a3F8Bw$
 > (or a $10 Bookshop gift
certificate<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bookshop.org/gift_cards__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK0eN1HqA$
 >)

3rd place🥉: A signed copy of Mariame Kaba's book Let This Radicalize
You<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/1922-let-this-radicalize-you__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQJ1a3F8Bw$
 > (or a $10 Bookshop gift
certificate<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bookshop.org/gift_cards__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQK0eN1HqA$
 >)

The scoreboard is an opt-in situation, so volunteers are named "Anonymous
Volunteer Extraordinaire" by default unless they explicitly agree to have their
name or an alias included on the scoreboard.

Calling All Library Board Candidates
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https*3A*2F*2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com*2Fpublic*2Fimages*2F3ec14757-9ace-4aed-8400-df8eb9b094e9_1600x1066.png__;JSUlJSUl!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQKxRvo7OA$

[A bright yellow background with orange dashes along the border. An orange
megaphone with sound lines points towards orange text that reads "Calling all
candidates! Are you ready to run?" Below this in black font reads "For the
People is assembling a Fall 2023 cohort for candidates who are committed to
running for library seats or seeking appointments. Join us"]

For The People is assembling the first cohort of candidates who are ready to
run for a library board seat or seek appointment, and we want YOU to be a part
of it! Our cohort will receive 12 weeks of training in three 4-week sections.
You’ll learn how to run for office, identify and pursue an appointment, and
govern effectively as a leftist library board trustee. This cohort is aimed at
candidates who are on track to run or seek appointment between January 1, 2024,
and March 15, 2025.

If you’re interested in running but not quite ready yet (or if your race is
later than 3/15/25), stay tuned for our next cohort.

To apply for the Cohort, complete our online application
here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqKX22tdPM7OPXjXowwfPl9FEJt54T3b-pgKPt0CCuRUyDjg/viewform__;!!KGKeukY!1EBQeqvsh7H3Apd8r3hJhJWW8dXklKJu8ONbS1erIrcCuhtTmZf6pfAp8FPVeYAPBmNwozRIiqxKe7-wpRapqQLx8WZP0g$
 >—and congratulations on taking a huge step to defend public libraries!

Sent from my iPhone
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html