Annette’s system is very good. My problem was (a long time ago) sometimes to read the handwritten info from the clipboard. The problem was when they wrote the book title of a multi copy title I had to figure out which copy was checked out,,especially,
Annette’s system is very good. My problem was (a long time ago) sometimes to read the handwritten info from the clipboard. The problem was when they wrote the book title of a multi copy title I had to figure out which copy was checked out,,especially,  when two patrons needed the same copy. The idea to text the librarian the barcode is brilliant! All this was 15 years ago when this option was not available .
Fortunately my library is now very big. It serves a few synagogues, the JCC and the general public so now they offer tiny borrower cards.
Amalia W.
Sent from my iPad