AJL Conference 2024: Standing Together is just over a month away, and we look
forward to seeing many of you in San Diego!

Volunteer Opportunities
As you may know, AJL is a volunteer-run organization, and this conference
wouldn't be possible without the hard work and dedication of many individuals.
To ensure that the conference runs smoothly, we encourage attendees and local
volunteers to sign up to help.

Opportunities include:
registration desk staff
exhibit hall set up and close down
meal greeter/ticket checker
hospitality suite staff
catering liaison
photographer
book sales/signing staff
and more!

Local volunteers are invited to attend conference sessions at no charge on the
day(s) of their shifts (meal tickets are available for purchase), so feel free
to forward this information to any colleagues, friends, or neighbors who you
think would be interested in helping out. We would really appreciate it!

Sign up on AJL's SignUpGenius
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4FA9A82EA6F9C70-49559342-2024*/__;Iw!!KGKeukY!wzEslBc9yHjHI6MTT9ZgduHuonF6CB-GtBS3jjCa7cL5EyrEXtZaSCgdEguNbbdgwKjqcLZYlztanVVTud9YrhP_0qc8k1JK$
 >—and thank you for help making our conference a success!

Kosher Meals Before and After the Conference
Arriving early on Sunday? Staying late on Wednesday? Kosher meals can be
ordered in advance, but no later than June 10, 2024. To order either meal,
visit the conference webpage
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/2024-conference/__;!!KGKeukY!wzEslBc9yHjHI6MTT9ZgduHuonF6CB-GtBS3jjCa7cL5EyrEXtZaSCgdEguNbbdgwKjqcLZYlztanVVTud9YrhP_0mYp0Uli$
 >. See the instructions regarding "other tickets" in the registration
instructions for purchasing details.

Sunday, June 23, 2024
Buffet dinner at 5:30 pm (Harborview room)
$50.00

*cut-up rotisserie chicken
*vegan stuffed portobello mushroom.

Both options come with spring mix salad with cherry tomatoes, dried
cranberries, candied walnuts, and honey mustard dressing; saffron rice; roasted
assorted vegetables; assorted fresh fruit; and brownies.

Wednesday, June 26, 2024
Boxed lunch/dinner (pick up at lunch on Wednesday)
$36.00

*deli turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, chips,
fruit, and dessert
*vegan hummus grilled vegetable wrap with garden salad and fruit

AJL at ALA
Heading to ALA after the AJL conference in San Diego? Join us for three special
programs:

*AJL President’s Program
Sunday, June 30, 2:30–3:30 pm
In Our Own Voices: The Visual History Archive at University of Southern
California Shoah Foundation
Presenter: Sandra Aguilar, Manager of Metadata and Indexing, USC Shoah
Foundation

*AJL Schmooze and Nosh
Sunday, June 30, 4:00–5:00 pm
Join AJL President Sean Boyle and other AJL representatives for a fun gathering
at 207 Bar at Hard Rock Hotel, directly across from the convention center. AJL
will provide a little nosh (food), while you take care of what you want to
drink. RSVP
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://sgemaillink.findjoo.com/ls/click?upn=u001.WjmzM-2Br52eSFDGUjPHCN91SwdeVOPOzXtH-2BJgdLyvQ7WGCEXTHTtM99lwIxYRvTxMNMa_-2Fjtq6ossq9WcBPNoq-2FwhgfyOqjm923E4K5umNKTrywvZoWS5JlYl1Qhsap7MdVaePTEelxzX-2F7YZZAJYkqg7NlbYM17CtqQXyxy7xgVdtX7HVTnHPvx8IbbLgNvZ9har2OZC0rhh9hPJE6kbmDC3jFASLX7Bqgj-2Fy582EMit3NnDqF5GLXehDwlhFUJ1Z3KllMX1rI3K0VLlvBUhkowfQE2XKoo9coW-2Fm4zV2tfzjRQLRA-2FzVplPwchnbTxBbVuPgrVXDGKtbVAKpBB5VKzZCNi2RZpiCy5k-2BCs7PKXZ8WZCY1A1UwXqeiI3LRaQUeq3bVmWgnWKyoqKe3vaEZ1LwXZhEeDct1JWkhGHpqLnZgjOUaCa8lPfNCqDYLuYygicRppw2bEpVLsK-2Fp-2B-2BCD5CaBev34ICH9loDn-2B0TfTWK3ADH6sRmHTGTvzEYYSGSrNS__;!!KGKeukY!wzEslBc9yHjHI6MTT9ZgduHuonF6CB-GtBS3jjCa7cL5EyrEXtZaSCgdEguNbbdgwKjqcLZYlztanVVTud9YrhP_0uaD2GSF$
 > requested, but not required.

*Collecting Chinese Jewish Stories for Your Libraries: A Panel of Voices from
Two Cultures
Monday, July 1, 4:00–5:00 pm
What does it mean to be Jewish and Chinese today? How are these intersecting
identities told and shared in books? Co-sponsored by AJL, the Chinese American
Librarians Association (CALA), and the Ethnic & Multicultural Information
Exchange Round Table (EMIERT), this panel of authors and illustrators will
discus Chinese and Jewish cultural interactions and intersecting cultures and
identities through books.

*And if you're staying in San Diego, check out events at the San Diego Jewish
Arts Festival
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sdjfest.org/home/*jump__;Iw!!KGKeukY!wzEslBc9yHjHI6MTT9ZgduHuonF6CB-GtBS3jjCa7cL5EyrEXtZaSCgdEguNbbdgwKjqcLZYlztanVVTud9YrhP_0j4tgXCJ$
 >, including the 23rd Klezmer Summit: From the Shtetl to the Shuk and
REGENERATE: An Eco-Performance Fest!

Visit jewishlibraries.org/2024-conference
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/2024-conference/__;!!KGKeukY!wzEslBc9yHjHI6MTT9ZgduHuonF6CB-GtBS3jjCa7cL5EyrEXtZaSCgdEguNbbdgwKjqcLZYlztanVVTud9YrhP_0mYp0Uli$
 > for more information and to register for AJL Conference 2024: Standing
Together.

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html