At 10:47 08/10/04 +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My initial thought was to use the cpp-style ifdefs I've seen elsewhere
> to mask those unsupported features on those particular systems.  But
> Hugs at least doesn't support that, and I've found it extremely
> difficult to find a list of predefined macros for the other systems
> anyway.

I thought Hugs does support preprocessing, with the -F option?

Yes, but it requires an external preprocessor program to be available.

(Enter cpphs.)

#g
--

The usual cpp macros are:

    __HASKELL98__               # supports at least the '98 standard
    __GLASGOW_HASKELL__         = 504, 602, etc
    __HUGS__
    __NHC__
    __HBC__

You might also occasionally see

    __HADDOCK__         # for documentation-only preprocessing
    __HAT__             # for the Hat tracer

Regards,
    Malcolm