Hi,

Sven Panne wrote:

Keean Schupke wrote:

[...] I don't even need to recompile your module, simply providing
the alternate Storable module at link time is sufficient. [...]

[ Completely off-topic for this thread ] But this *won't* work in the
presence of cross-module inlining, e.g. when you are using GHC with
-O or -O2. And IMHO this aggressive inlining is a very good thing.
Haskell is not C. :-)

If a function is exported it cannot be inlined, can it? When I edit a module
I generally don't have to recompile my whole program even if I compile with
-O2... After all the fuss about certain type class extensions breaking separate
compilation it would be a bit odd if it was broken already?

   Keean.