I don't deny that all of the things you mentioned are wonderful indeed. I just wonder if they really could only be done in lisp or even most conveniently. Many years ago I read a paper by Phil Wadler about logic programing using a functional language. I think it was called something like "How to replace failure with a list of successes." (Great title!) It blew my mind and made me doubt very much that the metaprogramming aspect of lisp had anything over clever functional programming.

Oh -- speaking of control structures -- once you start passing around continuations you can do anything. Lisp has no advantage there.