Gast [1] describes a 3 level hierarchy of Haskell objects using elementOf from set theory:

value  *elementOf*  type  *elementOf*  class

Question
If we include super-classes would the following be an appropriate mathematical representation?

value *elementOf*  type  *elementOf* class  *subSet* super-class

Maybe instantiated classes would make more sense in the hierarchy?
My thinking is that values and types and instances are concrete whereas classes are not.

Regards,
Pat

[1] bib.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/files/wsi-berichte/wsi-99-5.ps.gz

Tá an teachtaireacht seo scanta ó thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de chuid Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán. http://www.dit.ie
This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie