Emil Hedevang <emilhedevang <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Haskell Cafe,
>
> I need to perform very large numerical computations requiring tens of GB of
memory. The computations consist essentially of generation of random numbers
and discrete convolutions of large arrays of random numbers with somewhat
smaller kernel arrays. Should I use Haskell and call some C libraries when
necessary? Should I just write everything in C? Or should I use e.g. Chapel
(chapel.cray.com)?

Hi Emil,

The first place I would look would be repa http://repa.ouroborus.net/. IIRC it
supports discrete convolutions and repa folks seem quite responsive.

Dominic.

PS I am planning to use repa to solve PDEs and address, at least
partially, "the curse of dimensionality" with it.