Manuel-
Try my fork of the MissingPy library, I've brought it up to date and it
seems to function ok with current ghc/python.

www.github.com/arjuncomar/missingpy.git

The standalone branch also removes a lot of the extra dependencies
MissingPy has for extra functionality you probably don't need.

Thanks,
Arjun