On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 19:25 +0000, John Goerzen wrote:

> I hope that HDBC can be a community effort.  Towards that end, I hope to
> be able to get some trac pages going on somebody's server and perhaps a
> mailing list where ideas and implementations for future enhancements can
> be discussed.

That would be very nice.

> The development time for a HDBC backend looks like about 1 day per
>  database, including the amount of time it takes to learn that
>  database's C API.  (A bit more for ODBC because its API is weird and
>  the documentation is unhelpful)

Huh..being a Haskell newbie (still) learning the language, I can only
dream about such productivity :-)

Nonetheless, I am very happy seeing the progress of your work and
looking forward to help (in any way) so that Haskell get a very solid
framework for developing database-aware applications making it (even)
more useful/attractive for wider audience of programmers.

> Comments and suggestions are quite welcome.  Patches too ;-)

For now, I can only say: thank you!

Sincerely,
Gour