Brian Hulley wrote:
[snip]
So any solutions welcome :-)

Thank to everyone who replied to my queries about this whole layout issue.

One other thing I've been wanting to ask (not to change! :-)) for a while is: how is the following acceptable according to the rules in the Haskell98 report where "where" is one of the lexemes, which when followed by a line more indented than the line the layout-starting-lexeme is on, should start an implicit block:

      module M where
      data T = .....            -- not indented!

According to my understanding of the layout algorithm, the above code would have to be written:

      module M where
             data T = ....

Can anyone shed some light on what the formal rule is that allows the first (and very useful) way of laying out code to be ok?

Thanks, Brian.