Ok, so I'm doing things somewhat backward. I've been using Haskell for a while now, whenever I get a chance to. But in order to become more involved in high-performance computing projects at my work, I need to learn C.

I've heard a lot of people say that experience in Haskell can improve one's abilities in other languages, but I also wonder how different the C "way of doing things" is different from Haskell's.

My question is, as I learn C, are there any particular Haskell concepts I should keep in the back of my mind, or is it better to approach C from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Preparing for a foot-shooting,
Chad