Has anyone else encountered this?  It’s ok for us, and for at least some other people.  Perhaps uninstall and reinstall?  You can’t overlook anything when installing, assuming you use the pre-packaged installer.

Simon

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Polakow
Sent: 21 June 2006 15:22
To: haskell-cafe@haskell.org
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] ghc-pkg on Windows XP

Hello,

  I have installed ghc-6.4.2 on a windows XP machine. However, the machine refuses to execute ghc-pkg (thus preventing me from using Cabal) and complains that "C:\ghc\ghc-6.4.2\bin\ghc-pkg.exe is not a valid Win32 application."  Is there something obvious I might have overlooked while installing?

Also, I am new to using ghc on windows and was wondering what are the trade-offs of using cygwin or minsys versus just living in a emacs shell?

thanks,
  Jeff