| So instead of just taking this simple solution, the wiki proposal is
instead
| destroying the beauty of the per-package namespace idea by
incorporating
| into it the existing shared namespaces with their attendant problems,
| instead of just letting the existing messy system die a natural death
| through the syntactic isolation I proposed.

Brian,

I think your proposal may be clearer to you than to everyone else.  It's
always hard to reconstruct a detailed proposal by reading long email
threads.

Suggestion: if you feel strongly about this, why not start a Wiki page
(you can link to it from the current one) to describe the design you
propose, at a comparable level of detail?

Incidentally, compatibility with Cabal is a significant goal.

Simon