| I have initialized a wiki page:
|
| http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Thread_local_storage

Great

| I have put a page on the wiki summarizing the thread. However, I want
| to say that I think that email is a better medium for most ongoing
| discussions.

I agree.
        Discussion by email
        Outcomes on Wiki (including outcomes recording differences of viewpoint)

The goal is that the outcome is a comprehensible summary of the outcome of the
discussion, for the benefit of the many who will not follow the evolving
debate.

Furthermore, can we move this thread from the Haskell mailing list (which
should not have heavy traffic) to either Haskell-Café, or the libraries list?

Simon