As Henning points out, the darcs version of Haskore is now the standard, which Henning has been kind enough to set up.  However, it has also been extended and re-organized, and at least currently does not have the simplistic feel of the original Haskore.  On the other hand, the version that is described in Chapter 20 of SOE (which is called "MDL")  is very simple and elegant and would be a great way to "learn Haskell".  Even though it's in Chapter 20, it depends only on material presented much earlier in the book.

I hope this helps,   -Paul