Hi

Surely I can get along without getContents in WinHugs: last time I thought
about
it I just wanted to show getContents function to my students (and using
hGetContents
on a file handle seems to be better example). Another function that
could be useful when teaching IO is 'interact', and it seems that it's also
impossible to use it without typing EOF (am I right?).

You can use interact, you just have to hit the stop button to break
out of it. Interestingly Ctrl+C is captured by interact, as is
Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+D, so fixing it up to return -1 in these cases should be
pretty easy - i'll try and get that done tomorrow.

And thank you for WinHugs, it is really useful!

Thank you :) - its nice to know that it is being used.

Neil