as RedHat and RPMs is widely used for packaging software available via
internet. Is Ubuntu supports RPMs too?

I think it's widely regarded as a Bad Idea to mix packages between
distributions.

I would suggest Ubuntu (or Debian Sid if you are interested in getting
newer versions of GHC).  I think you'd find it difficult to find
software that wasn't already in Ubuntu's multiverse repository.

Please note: Debian does support RPM, either as RPM's, or by conversion (through the "alien" utility) to DEB's. My experience with such mixing is that it usually goes fine without any problems, although now and again, a bit of tinkering is necessary.

Murray Gross