Marc A. Ziegert schrieb:
software upgrades:
use Read/Show classes instead of Foreign.Marshal,

I'm having second thoughts here.
Wouldn't Show evaluate all thunks of the data Shown?
That would mean I couldn't use infinite data structures in data that goes out to disk.

I don't think this would be a strong restriction for the communication between simulation and satellites, but I'm pretty sure it would be for doing backups of the simulation. Unfortunately, doing simulation backups is also the area where versioning is probably the harder problem.

But I think I can work around that. I'd simply have to write a small upgrade program whenever data structures change, which unmarshalls using the old code and marshalls using the new code.

Regards,
Jo