On Dec 31, 2006, at 6:48 , Lennart Augustsson wrote:

Oh, I have other arguments against pragmas.  :)
But I think the best one is that optimization applied in the wrong
place is just poor software engineering.

As Michael A. Jackson said:
The First Rule of Program Optimization: Don't do it.
The Second Rule of Program Optimization (for experts only!): Don't do it yet.

/me is moderately mystified that an experienced programmer hasn't discovered that one the hard way yet.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]