Brian Hulley wrote:
Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
One of the great things about John's class-alias proposal is that
John worked out a lot of details and captured them in a web page,
rather than it getting buried in an email thread.

If you have ideas to refine his proposal, it'd be good to see if,
with him, you can come up with a unified design, and again capture it
in a Wiki page or something.

I've started a page at
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Class_system_extension_proposal
John - I haven't added anything about your class alias proposal
because you've copyrighted your proposal and I don't want to do the
wrong thing ;-) Can you add a section for your proposal (or
containing a link to your proposal) on his page?
                                                          ^^^
Apologies for typo - should be "this page"

Best regards, Brian.
--
http://www.metamilk.com