On 26/01/07, Marco TĂșlio Gontijo e Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But if I can't write this type signature without -fglasgow-exts, I
thought that it couldn't infer this type. For me it's strange that it's
ok to have a very generic function if I don't have a type signature, but
if I write it the function will not be so generic. Shouldn't it infer
only types that could be written?

It doesn't really infer the types of put/get at runtime; it pulls them
from the interface file for Control.Monad.State, which _was_ built
with -fglasgow-exts. Hence SPJ mentioning that it was more of a UI bug
than a typing bug.

--
-David House, [EMAIL PROTECTED]