There is also an excellent paper in tutorial style which imho is very useful to understand the interaction of lazyness with the Control.Parallel.Strategies combinators:

"Algorithm + Strategy = Parallelism"
Philip W. Trinder, Kevin Hammond, Hans-Wolfgang Loidl, and Simon L. Peyton Jones. Journal of Functional Programming, 8(1), Jan 1998.
http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~dsg/gph/papers/abstracts/strategies.html