On 2/27/07, Seth Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thomas Hartman wrote:
> Thanks. I incorporated these changes, and it cranks longer now before
> failing. But still fails, now with a seg fault.
According to conventional wisdom, when gcc segfaults on a big
compilation job (e.g., the Linux kernel), it could be a sign of a
transient memory error; gcc exercises the RAM so much that the error
rate on a typical computer's memory chips can have a practical effect.

I believe that you're probably correct in this case: I was able to get
ghc 6.6 + optional packages built on a linode virtual host (guessing
from the original poster's prompt) but only after expanding the amount
of memory available.

-- Paul