On 08/03/07, Dan Weston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do not let the multiple responses of how you apparently wasted your time
reinventing (or do they mean stealing?) something Church did long ago
dampen your enthusiasm to learn exciting things and then share them.

I agree with your sentiment that discovering things is fun, no matter
how many times it has been done before. But I don't think the other
respondents were critical. I read them as properly congratulatory, not
sarcastic. It's not everyone that gets to claim they had the same idea
as Alonzo Church! ;-)

Maybe we need a You Could Have Invented Church Encoding (And Maybe You
Already Have) [1] blog post somewhere...

D.

[1]: http://sigfpe.blogspot.com/2006/08/you-could-have-invented-monads-and.html